Wednesday, January 11, 2012

silverware drapery hooks

I am always amazed at how many clever things people come up with. Check out this awesome idea from our friend, Shelley.

Did you know you can use silverware to make drapery hooks? Yep. Here's my bathroom. It seriously needed some color and I found a bag of silverware at Goodwill for $4. I didn't even come close to using it all. Score!



First you'll need to choose the pieces you want. Then using a metal drill bit, drill holes that will fit your screws in the blade of the knife, or the handle of the spoon or fork. Bend them to make the hooks. Sorry there isn't any pictures of the drilling part. Kinda hard to take pictures and drill at the same time.

 Mark the corners to make sure they are placed evenly. Drill in place.

 
I had some super long sheer drapes and used them to drape on my hooks.
 
 
 Simple and easy! I love it! Thanks for sharing your creative mind with us, Shelley.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
4 Comments

4 Responses to “silverware drapery hooks”

Danny Heyen said...

How cute are you?! Love those!

Goldie said...

What a nifty and thrifty idea! I wonder how it would look with spoons!

Bex said...

Marvelous! What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Great idea, so unique!

Natalie
www.projectdowhatyoulove.wordpress.com

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs